What you’ll do
It’s an exciting time here at Rooftop Republic. Over the last year we have launched some exciting new products and are looking for someone to join our team.
As Business Lead, you’ll play a fundamental role in driving our growth, supporting our team to drive the adoption of urban farming through a range of customised urban farming consultancy, urban farm build, management and events packages. As part of the role, you will also support functions for BD including managing the CRM, and supporting our client documentation including presentations, proposals and contracts.
You will have the opportunities to meet and partner with leading property developers, architects and sustainability professionals to find new ways to integrate farms into our city’s ecosystem.
You will need to be self-motivated and be enthusiastic about our ethos and approach. Every day will be different and we’ll bring you on board what we do and why, but you must already have the commitment and the drive.
- Work closely with the management team to lead in the sales and business development process from initiating contact, generating leads among prospective clients, responding to new enquiries with high-quality proposals.
- Analyse and understand customer profiles and needs, future product/service plans, expansion activities, and the market landscape.
- Actively generate leads, and provide regular reporting on performance.
- Research and originate new sales opportunities through cold outreach and through engaging our current network of clients.
- Support the marketing team in identifying audience segments, supporting initiatives and B2B events and campaigns to generate interest and greater adoption of urban farming.
- Represent and provide market exposure for Rooftop Republic at industry events, conferences, and trade shows.
- Actively manage our CRM to ensure optimum engagement of our clients and partners.
Who we’re looking for
- The successful candidate will ideally have some past sales experience, but more importantly have a determined, entrepreneurial attitude to sales.
- A genuine interest for entrepreneurship and innovation, and excited by the opportunity to interact with passionate clients of every kind.
- A keen eye for detail, as you’ll be writing compelling proposals and presentations.
- The role requires a sound understanding of how to build good relationships, and the importance of maintaining and developing office systems.
- Strong Communication skills (written and spoken Cantonese and English) combined with a methodical, systematic approach.
- You’ll need to be commercially focused, self-motivated and able to work on your own initiative.
- A team player, able to collaborate with and support members of other teams to achieve the same goal.
- At least 4 years of experience in project management, sales, marketing, business development and /or partnerships.
- Background and knowledge in green buildings, architecture, landscape architecture, urban studies and management would be a plus.
- Right to work in Hong Kong. Rooftop Republic is unable to provide a visa.
Interested parties, please write to us with your resume, and please add a few sentences about why you are interested and how you feel you are a great fit!
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
(All information provided will be used for recruitment purposes only. Applicants who do not hear from us within 4 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful.)
Who we are
Rooftop Republic is Hong Kong’s leading urban farming social enterprise that envisions a future of sustainable cities and communities powered by urban farming.
Since our establishment in 2015, our team has transformed more than 80,000 square feet of idling urban spaces into over 80 productive urban farms on commercial office buildings, residential properties, shopping malls, schools, restaurants and empower communities to lead a more sustainable lifestyle.
Our mission revolves around the potential of urban farming as an instrument of change, transforming the relationship people have with their food, as well as community livelihoods in many of the world’s most densely populated cities, including Hong Kong and China. Our clients include property developers, architects, landscaping companies, corporates, hotels, F&B and schools.
Rooftop Republic has been recognised by the Hong Kong SAR Government with "The Outstanding Social Enterprise (Meritorious) Award" and "Outstanding Innovation Award" at the Social Enterprise Awards 2017, and is an awardee of the DBS Social Enterprise Grant 2018, 2020 as well as the Special Award For Small Enterprises and Start-ups Winner of the 2021 Hong Kong Management Association Quality Award.