Sustainability Project Executive
Our growing team is now seeking a Sustainability Project Executive to join us!
This role will give you the opportunity to learn about urban farming, get first-hand experience working on a range of various urban farm projects in Hong Kong, and also be part of our journey of social entrepreneurship towards transforming our city into a greener and more edible space!
This opportunity offers an entrepreneurial experience where you will be entrusted to operate with a relatively open boundary where critical thinking, creativity and initiative would be greatly valued. There is also potential for growth into being the Lead of the development of the business unit, and to support the implementation of the long term circular food system plan.
Duties will include the research, development, and implementation of a circular economy system that improves impact and reaches our business goals.
You will also be supporting the organisation in reaching the environmental goals for our projects by developing green practices and initiatives that emphasise the proper use of environmental resources with a focus on sustaining these resources for future generations.
This is a Part Time position commencing in April for 12 months, with an option to extend based on performance.
To work closely with the developers and vendors to build, test, improve and implement.
To help develop various solutions in extending the proof of concept into real business applications.
To effectively provide project updates to with top-management and team.
To keep abreast of any latest technology and industry trends, and any updates in statutory rulings that may impact on the technical aspects of the project.
- Support the Rooftop Republic team in developing a circular solution around food waste and urban farming.
- Conduct experiments and document the development of new or improved types of compost, based on yield and quality.
- Provide recommendations to project managers and the farm operations manager/s on usage of compost at our urban farms.
- Conduct experiments investigating how soil forms, changes, or interacts with land-based ecosystems or living organisms.
- Consolidate papers and articles on relevant compost and/or circular economy scientific projects.
Project Management & Marketing:
- Pitch and prepare a proposal to promote adoption of this service to potential clients.
- To implement these projects to confirmed clients.
- Compiling updates regarding the composter progress.
- Creating marketing content for internal and external shareholders.
- Supporting the organisation in marketing, presentations, demos of the product to clients and partners.
- Work with the Rooftop Republic Project Lead and other relevant stakeholders to develop a commercial business model around this initiative.
- A degree or relevant experience and knowledge of Bioresource, Agricultural Science, Soil Science, Chemistry, Biology preferred.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills, good communication skills and high attention to detail.
- A proactive and independent team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Able to work with and handle well with ambiguity and pressure.
- Interest and concern for agriculture, environment, climate change and simply growing your own veggies and herbs.
- A good command in Chinese (Cantonese) and English (speaking & writing) is required.
- Competency in MS Office.
- You may be required to work on weekends where necessary (off-days to be given in-lieu)
- Candidates must have the right to work in Hong Kong. Rooftop Republic cannot provide a visa.
Interested parties, please write in to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and one-page cover letter and tell us why you’d be a great fit!
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
(All information provided will be used for recruitment purposes only. Applicants who do not hear from us within 4 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful.)